The task is to build and program a rescue robot which autonomously explores a maze and searches for simulated victims. A simulated victim is heated and color-coded. The robot should not find the fastest path through the maze, instead it should explore as much as possible of the maze.
- The robot will get points for each victim found.
- The robot should avoid areas with black floor.
- If the robot is stuck in the maze it can be restarted at the last visited checkpoint.
- If the robot can find its way back to the beginning after exploring the whole maze it will receive extra points.
- The robot will also earn a reliability bonus (based on the number of required restarts)
- There are also some obstacles where the robot can earn additional points.
The detailed rules of 2018 can be found here: Rules_1_0_2018.